Our Family Blog
Header

Return wishlist

July 5th, 2009 | Posted by Davey in 19-Mexico

As we write this post we have been travelling for near on 12–months and to say we have missed some home comforts is an understatement.  To this end,  we have collated a return wishlist which we hope our family and friends will help us with upon our return.

Please feel free to add to this list, or even better, volunteer your services :

• Sunday roast with all the trimmings inc. Yorkshire pudding, stuffing, roast potatoes and gravy (I’m salivating just writing this)
  • Crumpets with butter and bovril
  • Sausage and mash (not smash!)
  • Homemade spaghetti bolognese with garlic bread and a bottle of red wine (worth more than $1)
  • Baked beans with cheese on toast
  • Cadbury’s chocolate (any kind)
  • Tea and biscuits (think dunkers)
  • Fruit and Vegetables (fresh)
  • Hot curry (of any kind)
  • English ale (in a real pub)
  • Guinness (in a real pub)
  • A long hot bath (alone)
  • Choice of clean clothes (especially underwear)
  • Bed with a soft mattress, clean sheets (and no bed bugs)
  • Private bedroom (without testosterone induced teenagers)
  • Decent internet connection (anything above 56K)
  • Catching up with family and friends (over a bottle of wine, obviously)

Wishlist

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can leave a response, or trackback.

7 Responses

• Tim K says:

Well as I’m in here early I’ll merely point out what should be obvious. I’m probably not the best person to try and sort you out with a roast meal – there will be plenty of others capable of doing better. However I feel that I can assure you of a welcome here at Chez Tim with any and all of beer, chocolate, baked beans, curry, a decent Internet connection and access to a range of public houses. Oh and as much tea as you can drink.

All I ask in return is a handshake from you, a hug from her and a chance to set the world to rights – there have been far too many things over the past year that we have yet to sit down and talk about how we could have tackled them in a better way !

The last time I saw Sam was walking away down Rickford’s Hill in tears…if there have to be tears again I hope they will be happy ones.

• Anonymous says:

Hi really looking forward to your return,i dont do bovril but im sure i cant help you out with everything else!!And i can pull a great pint!!

• Clive says:

Hi Folks,

Since it will be myself who will see you both first from your travels, I feel it is my duty to have some of the above organised!

– Full Irish
    – Guiness in a real pub
    – Long hot bath
    – Private bedroom
    – Decent internet connection
    – Catching up with Family over some wine
    – Sunday Roast

I have to take you to my local pub, which, happens to be the local shop and post office too. The owner “Mrs Murphy” has been been intrigued with the various parcels she has been receiving over the last year. She will be very interested to meet with you, her post office floor was clogged at one point with digerdoo’s and the like, amazed by some of the stitch work on some parcels, particulary from Asia.

• Dazza says:

I can help with the hot curry and the soft matress – you remember that night Davey, I think of it every moment of the day :-0

See you both in 3 weeks

D x

• Eilish says:

Hi guys As mum will be away I am in charge of some of the above (God help ye!!) there will be plenty of drink though and I can throw in a bit of grub!!

• Tracey says:

Hi Folks,
    Clive said it all there, we will be first to greet you on your return so we will definately sort you out with a few comforts you mentioned on your wish list….by God you deserve them after beng away and roughing it for a year! ..Although what a year you two have had…amazing!
    We’re really looking forward to seeing you on Saturday….It just seems like yesterday that it was you guys picking US up from the airport after our year away travelling..

see you in a few days
    Tracey
    x

• patricia henry says:

hi guys this is your cousin mailing only heard about your .com site yesterday well done absolutely fantastic all i can say is that i am dead jealous of course as usual i tune in when ye are all done and dusted looking forward to catching up at the wedding when in portarlington call in we will manage a few portarlington comforts